TRUSTEE / WIND DOWN / FIDUCIARY
In post-confirmation fiduciary roles, Emerald professionals have served as plan administrator, post-confirmation trustee, liquidating trustee, financial advisor, and other similar fiduciary capacities. Emerald’s extensive distressed financial advisory experience uniquely positions us to help resolve issues faced by the fiduciary. For a detailed list of Emerald's prior trustee / wind down / fiduciary assignments, please contact us directly.
Click here to access the Emerald's GMX Creditor Trust Reports.
- Emerald professionals have provided the following services as liquidating trustee:
- Overseeing and managing the trust's day-to-day operations
- Administrating cash in the liquidating trust
- Prosecuting retained causes of action and other claims of relief
- Collecting other assets or funds of the estates
- Maintaining all books and records
- Performing all administrative functions, including bookkeeping, accounting, and financialreporting
- Preparing and filing all necessary statutory forms, including tax returns and other filings
- Making distributions to trust beneficiaries in a timely manner
Claims Management and Settlement
- Through our professionals’ experience serving in trustee roles, Emerald has significant expertise in claims management and settlement.
- We carefully examine the merit of all proofs of claims and reconcile them accordingly.
- We also completely manage the claims vetting process, including reviewing claims, comparing them to Company records and, where appropriate, objecting to and prosecuting claims filed against the debtor’s estate.
Asset & Enterprise Sales
- Emerald has administered and effectively liquidated dozens of trust assets.
- Emerald’s goal is to secure the assets, make an objective assessment of their viability, and either selectively dispose of them or fully liquidate all collateral.