Emerald has a long-standing track record of effectively advocating on behalf of all classes of creditors. For a detailed list of Emerald's prior creditor advisory assignments and experience, please contact us directly.
Secured Lender / Ad-Hoc Committee Advisory
- Emerald professionals have provided the following services, among others, to both secured lenders and bondholders in distressed situations:
- Analyzing short-term / long-term liquidity and creating cash flow forecasts
- Reviewing business plans and creating performance analyses
- Evaluating potential operational restructuring activities
- Assessing risks related to announced turnaround plans or feasibility of all contemplated growth strategies
- Assessing in-court and out-of-court considerations for the company
- Determining the optimal capital structure and debt capacity of the company
- Examining intercreditor dynamics and negotiating with other stakeholders
- Investigating intercompany transactions
- Valuing the company through segment by segment analysis, traditional methodologies, and liquidation analysis
- Assessing overall capabilities of the company’s management
Unsecured Creditors / Equity Committee Advisory
- Emerald is the preeminent financial advisory firm for official court-appointed committees in Chapter 11 bankruptcies.
- Over the last two years, Emerald has represented ten Official Committees.
- Moreover, Emerald professionals have advised over 40 additional Official Committees during the past decade.
- Recent engagements have included §363 asset sales, DIP negotiations, the development of reorganization plans, rights offerings, and valuation and testimony.
- Emerald is an expert in committee representations, balancing the individual needs of stakeholders and promoting their interests through:
- A proven ability to identify unencumbered value;
- A strong valuation record; and
- A reputation for working toward the recoveries on pre-petition investments for stakeholders.
- Emerald employs a relentless, results-driven approach to maximize recoveries for stakeholders of Chapter 11 debtors, which has resulted in first-rate outcomes for its clients.